Your original passport with a validity of at least 6 months after the expiry date of your visa.
It is also important that your passport contains at least 2 empty visa pages that are opposite each other.
- Attention! All documents, including your passport and photographs, must be physically delivered to us. This may be delivered to us by registered mail or in person.
All travelers must provide two official, colored passport photos that meet the following conditions:
- The photo is less than 3 months old
- Background is white or light gray in color
- Dimensions are 3.5 x 4.5 cm
- There are no damages to the passport photo
- Passport photo is not stapled to the visa application form
- Person in the photo is looking straight into the camera
- No glasses are worn in the photo
Signed embassy form
After you have completed the online application form on this website, you will receive an e-mail stating which other documents are needed in your case (you can also check this yourself on this page). You will also find an embassy form in this email. This embassy form has already been filled in digitally, but still has to be printed (note: one-sided!) And signed. This should be done with a black pen.
- Both tourist and business visas are valid for 2 months from the moment of issue and offer you a stay of up to 30 days in Tanzania and Zanzibar
- With a single entry visa you can travel unlimited between the mainland of Tanzania and the island of Zanzibar
- Multiple entry visas are valid for up to 6 months and allow you to enter the borders of Tanzania multiple times
- In addition to the embassy form, passport photos and passport, all applicants must also provide a copy of a registered flight confirmation. It must show when you will enter and leave the Tanzanian borders.
- In addition to the above, business travelers must also provide a letter of guarantee from the employer. Entrepreneurs without a guarantee letter must submit a copy of the Chamber of Commerce + last quarter VAT return.
Explanation visa Tanzania
What is a visa for Tanzania and what types of visas are there?
If you want to go to Tanzania for a holiday or business trip, you must apply for a regular visa before entering the country. The visa is a sticker, which is issued by the Tanzanian government and is affixed to the passport. With this visa you have permission to enter the territory of Tanzania. This visa is usually issued by the Embassy of Tanzania in The Hague or the Consulate General of Tanzania in Nieuwerkerk aan de IJssel.
The visa will be checked during passport control in Tanzania. If you arrive by plane, the first visa check will probably already take place at the airport.
Our employees work professionally to ensure that your Tanzania visa application is presented flawlessly at the Tanzania Embassy or Consulate, so you can travel with confidence.
What types of Visa Tanzania applications are available?
Various visas are available for Tanzania. The type of visa depends on your destination. The most common are a visa for tourist reasons or a visa for business purposes. However, you also have a family visit visa, a volunteer visa, a work visa, a transit (transfer) visa, a conference visa, a student visa and a visa on a personal invitation.
The purpose of your trip determines the type of visa you need to apply for. If you are unsure which visa is most applicable to your situation, do not hesitate to contact us! Our employees can advise you on this.
You can apply for tourist and business visas online via our website.
In order to do this, you must supply your own file with the correct documents for each person, together with your passport and two official passport photos. We recommend that you always do this by registered mail or through our courier service. Compiling documents can often go wrong, because the Tanzanian government wants the file to be in perfect order. If this is not the case, the visa can be refused. That is why it is important that you submit your application correctly the first time. On our website you can see per visa what the requirements are and what conditions they must meet.
Keep in mind that children must also have their own visa. They also need to supply their own file with all necessary documents.
Our visa specialists will carefully and extensively check your file for any changes, additions and errors before the application is presented to the Tanzanian embassy. This way you can be sure that your application is offered without errors and that the documentation meets the requirements.
Keep in mind that the consulate and embassy are at all times free to request additional documents from you for your application, without providing any explanation.
What does a visa for Tanzania cost and how long does the procedure take?
The costs for the visa vary per visa type and processing time. Normally, a normal application often takes only 4 to 7 working days. An emergency procedure can also be completed in 3 working days.
However, the embassy and consulate at all times reserve the right to take longer to assess your application than the stated average processing time for this, without providing any explanation for doing so.
You can obtain a tourist visa from € 82.50. Do you want to know the other visa rates? Then take a look at our Tanzania visa page.